Information related to Pharm D. & Post Baccalaureate Pharm D. course in India
General Queries related to Pharm D course
1. What is Pharm.D course?
Pharm.D course is a Professional Pharmacy doctoral programme of 6 yrs duration after 10+2 (science academic stream) which includes 5yrs of academic study + 1 year of internship or residency.
2. What is Pharm.D (Post Baccalaureate)?
Pharm.D (PB) course is a Professional Pharmacy doctoral programme. B.Pharm graduates shall be admitted as lateral entry candidate to the 4th year of Pharm.D programme & the duration of course is 3 academic years ( 2yrs of study and 1 year of internship or residency).
3. What are the eligibility criteria to join Pharm.D courses?
i) A pass in 10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects: Mathematics or Biology.
ii) A pass in D.Pharm course from an institution approved by the Pharmacy council of India under section 12 of The Pharmacy Act.
For Pharm.D (Post Baccalaureate):
i) A pass in B.Pharm from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India under section 12 of the Pharmacy Act.
4. How many numbers of admissions will be made by the institution for the Pharm.D and Pharm.D (Post Baccalaureate)?
Number of admissions for the Pharm.D program shall be as prescribed by the Pharmacy Council of India from time to time and presently it is restricted to 30 students intake for Pharm.D & 10 students for Pharm D (PB) per academic year.
5. What is the course content of Pharm.D programs?
6. Whether the Pharm.D is a registrable qualification?
Yes, Pharm.D is a registrable qualification under the Pharmacy Act 1948.
7. In what way Pharm.D differs from regular B.Pharm?
Both B.Pharm and Pharm D are the registrable qualification for practicing pharmacy profession under the Pharmacy Act. B.Pharm is a 4 yrs course and Pharm D is 6 yrs course including one year of clinical internship. Pharmacy practice component in all spheres of Pharmacy professional services like Hospital & Clinical Pharmacy, Community Pharmacy, clinical research, regulatory, formulation development, quality control are emphasized in Pharm D programme and after Pharm D qualification the professionals are eligible to undertake Ph.D. programme.
8. After completion of Pharm D am I eligible for Ph.D.?
Yes. After Pharm.D the candidate is eligible to register for Ph.D.
9. Can I prefix Dr to my name?
Yes, for the purpose of practicing Pharmacy Profession under Pharmacy Act.
10. Currently In India how many Institutes Running this new course?
Few States (AP, MP, Kerala, Kernataka, Maharastra & TN)running this noval course in india.
11. Give the list of Approved Pharm D Institution in India by PCI?
12. Can i go Abroad for Job after completion of my Pharma D ?
Yes. Why not, Pharm D course will open the door for abroad.