Modern Drug Synthesis.
By Jie Jack Li, Douglas S. Johnson
- Publisher: Wiley
- Number Of Pages: 355
- Publication Date: 2010-08-09
- ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0470525835
- ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780470525838
Following Contemporary Drug Synthesis and The Art of Drug Synthesis (Wiley, 2004 and 2007), two well-received works, is this new book that demystifies the process of modern drug discovery for practitioners and students. An enhanced introduction covers areas such as background, pharmacology, SAR, PK/PD, efficacy, and safety. Focusing on the advantages of process synthesis versus the discovery synthetic route, Modern Drug Synthesis features authoritative coverage by distinguished editors and authors (some chapter authors are the actual inventor of the drug) of twenty different drug molecules.
The all–inclusive book on the cutting–edge science driving the medicinal chemistry of the latest drugs
The successor to the editors′ two highly acclaimed works on drug synthesis, Contemporary Drug Synthesis and The Art of Drug Synthesis, this book provides refocused and extensive new coverage detailing how chemistry, biology, and pharmacokinetics integrate to spearhead successful medical findings. Modern Drug Synthesis carries on the mission of delivering the most up–to–date developments unfolding in this rapidly evolving field by placing a stronger emphasis on medicinal chemistry and pharmacology, in addition to drug synthesis. Other highlights include:
- Chapters are logically divided into categories such as background of disease area, pharmacology, SAR (structure–activity relationships), pharmacokinetics and drug metabolism, efficacy and safety, and synthesis
- Expert analysis of the pros and cons of different synthetic routes
- A step–by–step breakdown of today′s drug discovery process for professionals and students
- Supporting case studies in each chapter
Modern Drug Synthesis shows that whether drug synthesis is in early development or the process stage, the ability to design elegant and economical synthetic routes is often a major factor making a drug a commercial winner. Easy to follow and stacked with valuable information on the present and future direction of medicinal chemistry, Modern Drug Synthesis is the one guide that paints a clear and complete picture of this complex subject.