Jobs in the Drug Industry: A Career Guide for Chemists.
By Richard J. Friary
Publisher: Academic Press
Number Of Pages: 364
Publication Date: 2000-04-15
ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0122676459
ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780122676451
This book is intended to help newly graduated chemists, particularly organic chemists, at all levels from bachelors to post-doctorates, find careers in the North American pharmaceutical industry. It will serve as a practical, detailed guiedbook for job seekers as well a reference work for faculty advisers, research supervisors, development officers, employment agents, and personnel managers in the industry. The book gathers in a single volume the fundamentals of getting an industrial job as a medicinal or process chemist, and covers all aspects of a chemist’s job–scientific, financial, and managerial–within a pharmaceutical/biotechnology company. Other scientists looking for jobs as analytical or physical chemists and even biochemists and biologists will find the book useful. The valuable appendix is a unique compendium of 365 commercial, governmental, or non-profit institutions that comprise the North American pharmaceutical industry.
* Learn How To:
* Discover the 12 permanent, big-pharma jobs for B.S. chemists
* Use the 500 company index to locate potential employers
* Track pharma openings with 190 corporate and chemist-specific job banks
* Add industry veterans to your employment network
* Find the 50 companies offering paid summer internships to students
* Include the one resume item that wins interviews for B.S. and M.S. chemists
* Express a knowledgeable preference for drug discovery or development
* Research over 360 drug companies through their Web sites.
Free download Links: