Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT-2011) is an all India Examination to be conducted by The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara on behalf of All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi.
The Scores in Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) have been in use till the year 2009 for admission in Master’s Programme in Pharmacy (M. Pharm) and also for awarding fellowships/scholarships to Pharmacy Graduates along with engineering graduates. The Organizing Committee for GATE expressed its inability to include Pharmacy graduates in GATE with effect from the year 2010, owing to operational problems due to large number of candidates appearing for GATE examination.
Therefore, in order to facilitate admission of Pharmacy graduates in M. Pharm as also to award fellowships/scholarships to Pharmacy graduates, AICTE decided to organize and conduct an examination in the name of Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) with effect from academic year 2010-11. Accordingly, a National Monitoring Committee (NMC) was constituted for monitoring the issues pertaining to the policy as well as conduct of GPAT examination.
On the recommendation of the National Monitoring Committee for GPAT, the onus of conducting the first GPAT examination i.e. GPAT-2010 was conducted by The M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodara.
The responsibility of conducting the second consecutive GPAT examination i.e. GPAT-2011 examination was also given to The M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodara.
The M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodara is the sole authority for conducting GPAT-2011 examination throughout the country and declaring the result for the year 2011.
- 1. General Information Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT-2011) is an All India examination conducted by The M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodara on behalf of All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi. The REGISTRATION only will be ONLINE (not the Examination) for GPAT-2011 Examination.
- 1.1. Administrative Institute The M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodara is the sole authority for conducting the examination and declaring the result for the year 2011.
- 1.2. GPAT Qualification Admission to postgraduate programmes with MHRD and other government scholarships/assistantships in pharmacy colleges/institutes is open to those who qualify through GPAT. Candidates who qualify GPAT examination and have Four years Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy are eligible for admission to Master/Doctoral programmes in Pharmacy. To avail the scholarship, the candidate must secure admission to such a postgraduate programme, as per the prevailing procedure of the admitting institution. However, candidates with Master’s degree in Pharmacy may seek admission to relevant Ph.D. programmes with scholarship/assistantship without appearing in the GPAT examination. Some institutions specify GPAT qualification as mandatory even for admission of self-financing students to postgraduate programmes. GPAT qualified candidates are also eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and CSIR/UGC sponsored projects.
- 1.3. Eligibility The following candidates are eligible to appear for GPAT-2011:Bachelor’s degree holders in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates) and those who are in the final year of B.Pharmacy course are eligible for appearing in GPAT-2011 examination.
- 1.4. Examination Schedule and Cities GPAT-2011 Examination would be organized in various cities (limited cities only) of the country as per the following details. The list of cities would be displayed at the time of Registration process. GPAT-2011 Examination Office reserves the right to amend/change the examination cities even after the completion of the Registration process :
- 1.5. Pattern of GPAT Examination GPAT-2011 Examination will be similar to that of GPAT 2010 Examination, where the candidate will mark the correct answer out of four options in an Optical Response Sheet (ORS) by darkening the appropriate bubble.
- 1.6. Application Submission Process The application fee is Rs. 1000/- for General/OBC Category candidates and Rs. 500/- for SC/ST/PD* Category candidates. The application fee is inclusive of bank charges and is NON-REFUNDABLE. (*Person with Disability) The last date for receipt of the duly completed printout of application form at GPAT Office is 28th February 2011 (Friday) upto 17.00 hrs.
- 1.7. Other Information
- The GPAT Office, The M.S. University of Baroda will not be responsible for any postal delay or loss in transit of the printout of applications, admit/score cards or any other document during correspondence with the applicants.
- Candidates can appear in the examination against valid admit cards only. If they do not receive the same by 18th April 2011 (Monday), they should contact the Co-ordinator, GPAT 2011 Examination Office, Shri G.H. Patel Pharmacy Building, Opp. University Main Office, Donors’ Plaza, The M. S. University of Baroda, Fatehganj, Vadodara -390 002.
- The M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodara, has the authority to decide the qualifying score for the paper. In case any claim or dispute arises in respect of GPAT-2011, it is hereby made absolutely clear that the Courts and Tribunals in Vadodara and Vadodara alone shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to entertain and settle any such dispute or claim.
- The completed printout of the application form should be sent to GPAT Office i.e. The Co-ordinator, GPAT-2011 Examination Office, Shri G.H.Patel Pharmacy Building, Opp. University Main Office, Donors’ Plaza, The M.S. University of Baroda, Fatehganj, Vadodara-390 002, Gujarat.
- The applicant is fully responsible for the information given in the ONLINE application form. The information given by the applicant can not be changed later on. GPAT Examination Office, The M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodara will not have any responsibility/liability with respect to the information given by the applicant in the GPAT Application form. The information given by the applicant only would be reflected in the Scorecard issued by this office. The information given in the Scorecard like, date of birth, parentage, Community category etc. can not be used by the applicant for obtaining any sort of benefit/concession from any government/private agency.
- 2. Postgraduate admissions with MHRD scholarship
- 2.1. As per the directives of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, the following procedure is to be adopted for admission to postgraduate programmes (Master and Doctoral) with MHRD scholarship/assistantship. The GPAT performance of the candidate will be considered for admission. If the candidate is to be selected through interview for postgraduate programmes, a minimum of 70% weightage is to be given to the GPAT performance. The remaining weightage (a maximum of 30%) can be given to the candidate’s academic record/performance in interview. The admitting institution will prescribe minimum passing percentage of marks in the interview. Some colleges/institutes specify GPAT qualification as the mandatory requirement even for admission without MHRD scholarship/assistantship.
- 2.2. Applicants are advised to seek details of admission procedures and availability of MHRD scholarship/assistantship from the concerned admitting institution. The criteria for postgraduate admission with scholarship/assistantship are different for different admitting institutions. GPAT office will not entertain any enquiry about admission and award of scholarship/assistantship.
- 2.3. It is the responsibility of the admitting institution to award the MHRD scholarship/assistantship to only those candidates who are GPAT qualified. The management of the postgraduate scholarship/assistantship is also the responsibility of the admitting institution. The M. S. University of Baroda has no role in the award or disbursement of scholarship/assistantship. Reservation of seats under different categories is as per the policies and norms prevailing at the admitting institution and Government of India rules.
- 2.4. A candidate declared “GPAT Qualified” and having the valid score is eligible for MHRD fellowship for 24 months unless he/she loses it due to poor performance in the registered programme. It may be noted however, that the award of scholarships by AICTE, New Delhi, to the eligible applicants would be decided on the basis of norms existing at the time of application of awards. Qualifying in GPAT Examination alone does not entitle the applicant automatically for scholarship.
- 2.5. All applicants with positive GPAT score (whether qualified or unqualified) would be issued valid GPAT scorecard. Only qualified applicants would be entitled for scholarships as listed under point Nos. 2.1 to 2.4. The scores of unqualified applicants could be used by institutions/universities for filling non-scholarship seats.
- 3. Structure of GPAT-2011
- 3.1. Examination Type GPAT-2011 Examination will be paper-pencil examination. It will consist of a single paper of 3 hours duration containing 150 questions, each of three (03) marks. The question paper will consist of multiple choice objective questions only. Each question will have four choices for the answer. The candidates will have to mark the correct choice on an Optical Response Sheet (ORS) by darkening the appropriate bubble against each question. Three (03) marks will be awarded for each right answer and zero (00) marks for no attempts. One (01) mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- 3.2. GPAT Result and Scorecard
- 3.2.1. GPAT Result
- GPAT-2011 result will be announced on 31st May 2011, 17: 00 hrs at GPAT office. The result will also be available on the website, as listed inSection 1.7.
- GPAT-2011 score is valid for ONE YEAR from the date of announcement of the result.
- The machine-gradable Optical Response Sheets (ORS) are graded and scrutinized with extreme care. There is no provision for re-grading or re-totaling. No photocopies of the machine-gradable Optical Response Sheets (ORS) will be made available. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- 3.2.2. GPAT Scorecard GPAT scorecard will be made available on the website at an appropriate time. All applicants (qualified as well as unqualified applicants with positive scores) will get one printed scorecard also.
|Online Application website opens||17th January 2011 (Monday)|
|Online Application website closes||21st February 2011 (Monday)|
|Last date for receipt of photo, signature, original copy of bank challan as a proof of payment for examination fees along with the printout of application (upto 17.00 hrs) at GPAT Office, The M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara||28th February 2011 (Monday)|
|Date of Examination (GPAT - 2011)||8th May 2011|
(Sunday, 14.00-17.00 Hrs)
|Declaration of GPAT - 2011 Result||31st May 2011|
(Tuesday, 17.00 Hrs)