1. Hospital pharmacy - Definition, hospital organization, pharmacy organization and personnel, location and layout of a hospital pharmacy unit in a hospital, responsibilities of a hospital pharmacist.
2. Pharmacy and therapeutics commitee, hospital formulay, dispensing to inpatients (a) floor stock system, (b) Individual prescription order system, (c) combination of (a) and (b), dispensing to out patients.
3. Purchase and inventory control in hospitals and in community pharmacy, storage of drugs.
4. Drug info ration center, central sterile supply, intravenous drugs admixture, unit dosage dispensing, prepackaging in the hospital
5. Manufacturing - Bulk and sterile handling of controlled drugs, current state of hospital pharmacy in India.
6. Community pharmacy: (1) drug house management - selection of site, space, lay-out, and legal requirements, structure of pharmacy organization.
7. Sales promotion: Market research-salesmanship, qualities of a salesman, advertising and window display.
8. Recruitment finance: Capital requirements, sources of pharmacy capital, risk management and insurance.
9. Pharmacy finance: Capital requirements, sources of pharmacy capital, risk management and insurance.
1. Merchant and qadry's text book of hospital pharmacy revised by Dr.Ramesh K Goyal and RK Parikh; BS Shah Prakashan Publications.
2. Hospital pharmacy by William E Hassan.
3. Pharmacy management for students and practioners, by C.Patrick Tharp and Pedro J Lecca.
4. Remington's Pharmaceutical Sciences.