2. Drugs acting on central nervous system: Central depressants-ethyl alcohol, general anesthetics, basal narcotics, hypnotics, analgesic hypnotics, anxiolytics, antipyretic analgesics.
CNS stimulants and analeptics.
Psychopharmacological agents: Neuroleptics, antidepressants, anxiolytics, hallucinogens.
Habit formation drugs of addiction.
3. Drugs acting on Autonomic Nervous system: Parasympathomimetic and parasympathetic blocking agents. Sympathomimetic and sympathetic blocking agents. Ganglionic stimulants and blockers, skeletal muscle relaxants.
4. Drugs acting on cardiovascular system: Coagulants, anticoagulants, Drugs acting on blood forming organs, antihypertensive agents, vasodialators, antianginal agents, antiarrhythmics, cardiotonics, plasma substitutes, antihyperlipidemic agents.
5. Drug acting on the Kidney: Diuretics, antidiuretics, drugs useful in urinary tract infections.
1. Textbook of Pharmacology by Rang and Dale.
2. Essentials of Medical Pharmacology - KD Tripathi.
3. Lippincoort's illustrated pharmacology.
Pharmacology and pharmacotherapeutics by Satoshkar and Bandarkar.
1. Pharmacological basis of Therapeutics by Goodman and Gillman.
2. Text book of clinical pharmacology - Bertram.C.Katzung